Are you an electrical engineer who wants to tinker, program and work with robots? Join the KC Robotics engineering team. We utilize innovative technologies and creative problem solving to build custom automation solutions.
Controls Engineer Key Responsibilities
- Design, build, maintain controls systems for our customers
- Perform technical calculations supporting design including electrical requirements, robotic safety standards and motor controls; prepare detailed drawings as required
- Analyze project requirements to develop a controls system for automation applications
- Develop, write, and optimize PLC, HMI, Vision and Robot programs:(Allen Bradley, Siemens, Mitsubishi, Omron) HMI (Allen Bradley, Siemens) Vision (Cognex, Keyence, Fanuc) Robot (ABB, Fanuc, Yaskawa, Kuka)
- Support sales team in pre-sales technical concept and budgeting activities.
- Assist with safety risk assessments for robot cells.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering (or related field)
- 2+ years PLC automation controls engineering experience, preferred
- Strong fundamental knowledge of control and electrical system design
- Proficient with AutoCad-Electrical, MS Office, Cognex Vision Systems, and Allen Bradley RSLogix 5000
- PLC programming experience
- Ability to conform to shifting priorities and demands
- Must be willing to travel and hold a valid driver’s license in good standing (up to 30% travel)
- Requires US Citizenship (ITAR compliance)