The Senior Mechanical Engineer supports our Systems Manager and Project Managers with automation projects; provides mechanical designs for development of processes and automation products ranging from small components or tooling to extremely large machinery or robotic cell layouts; acts as primary mechanical engineering expert; and maintains courteous and responsive internal and external communications.
As a member of the KC ROBOTICS, INC. team, you join a robotic systems and engineering group devoted to utilizing innovative technologies and creative problem solving to build custom automation solutions. Learn more about our products and services at www.kcrobotics.com.
- Design and engineering of automation tooling and fixtures from concept to detail.
- Confer with management and other engineers to present system tooling, components, technical information, and 3D system concept drawings for customer proposals.
- Participate in formal and informal design review meetings between electrical engineering, programmers, and the assembly team.
- Work with account managers, engineers and project managers to design robotic system tooling and fixtures to meet customer specifications.
- Assist with safety risk assessments for robot cells in accordance with ANSI R15.06 standards: identify possible hazards and determine risk reduction requirements, suggest solutions, and validate.
- Advanced knowledge of mechanical design software; preferably SolidWorks.
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering or closely related engineering discipline or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of five years’ experience in machine and/or tooling design.
- Experience with pneumatic/hydraulic system design.
- Technical competency in industrial automation/robotics (robots/controls/vision/tooling/welders, etc.).
- Ability to conform to shifting priorities and demands.
- Ability to estimate costs of proposed solutions.
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to communicate effectively.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software applications.
- Requires US Citizenship (ITAR Compliance).
Our Benefits include competitive wages, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, 401(k), life insurance, paid vacations and periodic company-paid training.
If you possess these skills and want to make a difference in the world of industrial automation, please fill out the form on our Careers page and we will contact you to email your resume. Thank you for your interest in KC ROBOTICS, INC.