An Assembly & Fabrication Tech is needed for our West Chester, OH facility to help fabricate, build, setup and install robotic automation systems. The Assembly & Fabrication Tech works according to requirements from blueprints or rough sketches to weld and/or fabricate components for our robotic systems and assists in assembling and building the systems.
Assembly & Fabrication Tech Key Responsibilities
- Receive work assignment and instructions; with a basic understanding of blueprint/assembly print reading.
- Properly assemble sub components to the assembly print and inspect components to the part print when an error occurs
- Layout and assemble weldments using hand tools (tape measures, squares, clamps, etc.)
- Weld parts per print
- Operate fork trucks and overhead cranes safely
- Keep a clean and organized work area
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned
- High school diploma/GED (Associates Degree in a technical discipline or Trade School Degree preferred).
- Basic math and mechanical aptitude.
- Working knowledge of manufacturing equipment, measuring tools, processes / procedures, etc.
- Understands all thread pitches for both metric/standard bolts & corresponding tap sizes
- Understands all dowel diameters & corresponding reamer sizes
- Taps & reams properly
- Basic hand/power tool knowledge.
- Ability to set various weld parameters per process (MIG, TIG)
- High attention to detail and quality
- Competent in MS Office
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to communicate effectively.
- Knowledge of industry safe practices.
- Ability to lift and move heavy objects.
- Ability to adequately manage workload under pressure