A Machinist II is needed for our West Chester, OH facility who can operate CNC machines and manual machines to fabricate parts for robotic and automation systems. The Machinist programs, runs and maintains CNC machine tools, waterjet, and other machines in order to drill, face, saw, turn, mill, grind, thread and bore various parts, materials, and assemblies to precision tolerances and specified finishes.
Machinist II Key Responsibilities
- Receive work assignment and instructions; effectively work off drawings, models and other information to setup and machine parts from start to finish.
- Set-up and operate a variety of machines performing various machining operations from simple to very complex using both manual and CNC (Computer Numeric Control) machining equipment (including, but not limited to vertical knee mills, drills, grinders, conventional lathes, horizontal / vertical bore).
- Set-up and program the job in CAM (Computer Aided Manufacturing) then transfer the program to the CNC machine.
- Proficiency in saw cutting and squaring stock, machining the required features, drilling & tapping, as well as other operations.
- Use precision measurement tools such as verniers, micrometers, indicators, etc. to preform quality checks on parts.
- Operate fork trucks and overhead cranes safely
- Keep a clean and organized work area
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned
- Associates Degree in a technical discipline or Trade School Degree preferred (or equivalent work experience).
- Basic math and mechanical aptitude.
- 5 years’ experience reading blueprints with ability to interpret engineering drawings and recognize GD&T specifications.
- 5 years’ experience of CNC experience (capable of machining part from start to finish)
- Proficient in use of precision measuring equipment such as verniers, micrometers, indicators, etc.
- Complete assigned tasks in a timely manner with demonstrated manual dexterity and accuracy.
- Technical knowledge and competency in many welding techniques and experience with different tools.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to communicate effectively.
- Knowledge of industry safe practices.
- Ability to lift and move heavy objects.
- Ability to conform to shifting priorities and demands.